Thursday, April 13, 2017

Beautiful Surrender (Song Series)

But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5



We all fear losing control, let alone choosing to let go of the control. When we give up we say we surrender. Many see it as a negative, weak response. We must have lacked will or strength. But what if we look at surrender as gaining life instead of losing it?

Surrender no longer becomes a white flag… it becomes a white heart. It becomes a heart that is ready to release all the ill attempts of perfecting ourselves, on our own strength. It becomes a heart that is given over to the One who knows us better than we know ourselves.

His wounds have already been made. He has already been pierced and crushed. Healing is waiting. Peace is waiting. Our surrender is waiting.

The sacrifice has been made, the offer is waiting…what will you decide?

I will go a step further. True surrender goes beyond our “Ok, Jesus, here’s my life, make it awesome.” If we surrender to Christ to see what we get out of it…it is NOT surrender.  He gave Himself up for us.  We give up of ourselves for the Glory of Him and His Kingdom.  That doesn’t mean unicorns and rainbows much of the time.  The Christian walk is not easy, but we know the reward lies beyond. It lies beyond ourselves, and beyond this life.  The desires of our hearts change to match His.  Then, there becomes, no other result, other than beauty, grace, peace, joy, etc.  None of these are circumstantial.  They are known when we live within the arms of our Father, seeking His will - living for His Glory.

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
Galations 2:20

Beautiful Surrender
Becki J Buescher

When I can’t speak
When I can’t see beyond me
What do You see?
When I am broken
Could these wounded pieces of me
Bring you glory?

I fall down at your feet
Lord I’m ready
Pour me out

In this beautiful surrender
A picture of grace
When my knees are on the ground
And tears are on my face
as I let go, You raise me up
up from the grave to glory
In this beautiful surrender

How far could I run
How far could I go where you can’t meet me
With your mercy
Your love is unending
Forever pursuing
To heal me, perfectly

No comments:

Post a Comment